Things I have learnt today whilst making my first solo trifle (or three)
- Otis Redding, Bon Jovi and James Blunt make for a rather lovely, somewhat bizarre trio when making a trifle.
- Add sherry to everything always and always add more whenever the thought crosses your mind. Taking intermittent sips between layers also makes you feel very clever and culinary.
- Rose petals make everything better.
- I am a culinary goddess (Not really. Over-whipped the cream, but at least my trifle looks pretty albeit a little lumpy to the taste buds!)
- Edible glitter will never be a waste of money and should be a staple in all kitchens. Houses should come with a pot of edible glitter actually.
- Always check your nostrils for cream globules that have splattered out of the whipping bowl and landed in your nose. From a distance this does NOT look like cream.